Information clause on personal data processing
Below you will find detailed information about processing your personal data in connection with the use of the service MODEViEW.
1. Who is the administrator of the personal data?
The administrator, i.e. the entity deciding how your personal data will be used, is MODE S.A. with headquarters in Straszyn (83-010), 8 Leśna Street, Poland.
Our company entered the Register of Entrepreneurs of the National Court Register under the number 0000393095 – our registration files are in the District Court Gdańsk-Północ in Gdańsk, VII Commercial Division of the National Court Register.
Identification details: VAT ID: PL9571029651, the National Official Register of Business Entities (REGON): 220906517.
If you want to know more about your personal data processing:
– send an e-mail to: email@example.com
– call the number: +48 58 739 64 40
2. What data do we process, for what purposes, on what legal basis and what is the data retention period?
Due to the fact that we use various functions on our website, we process your data for various purposes, based on a different legal basis, and we store it for various periods. In order to provide you with the clearest message possible, we have grouped this information, depending on the purpose of processing your data.
Creating an account and authentication on the website
The purpose of processing: In order to conclude a contract for the provision of services, we process your data provided in the registration form (e-mail address and password of your choice). If you register to the website using external authentication services (e.g. Facebook Connect or Google+), we also collect your name and surname.
Legal basis: Necessity to conclude a contract for the provision of the service (Article 6 par. 1 (b) of the GDPR).
Data retention period: For the duration of the contract for the provision of services, and after its completion for the time necessary to demonstrate its correct performance – this period corresponds to the limitation period for claims.
Providing data is voluntary. Without providing them, we will not conclude a contract for the provision of services.
Provision of the MODEViEW service
Purpose of processing: In order to provide the ModeView service, we process your data provided by you in your profile and data on your activity on our website when using the service, including session data, your device and operating system, browser, location and a unique ID.
The legal basis for the processing of your data in certain cases may also be our legitimate interest (Article 6 par. 1 (f) of the GDPR), involving:
– establishing, investigating and enforcing claims related to the use of our services;
– handling complaints and requests and answering questions in order to improve the functionality of our services and build positive relationships with customers;
– assessing your satisfaction with the services we provide.
Data retention period: For the duration of the contract for the provision of services, and after its termination for the time necessary to demonstrate the correctness of its performance – this period corresponds to the limitation period for claims.
Providing data is voluntary. Without providing them, you will not be able to take full advantage of the service we offer.
Marketing of our services.
Purpose of processing: We process data on your activity on our website, recorded and stored via cookies, including session data, your device and operating system, browser, location and unique ID.
In order to reach you with our marketing messages, we use the services of external suppliers. These services consist in displaying our marketing messages on other websites using information about your activity on our website.
Legal basis: Our legitimate interest (Article 6 par. 1 (f) of the GDPR) involving the marketing of our services.
Data retention period: We store your data for the duration of the marketing actions, but no longer than for the time corresponding to the life cycle of cookies stored on your devices or until you object to further data processing for marketing purposes.
Statistics on the use of the website, facilitating the use of the website and ensuring IT security
We process this data in order to pursue our legitimate interest described below.
Legal basis: Our legitimate interest (Article 6 par. 1 (f) of the GDPR) involving improving the functioning of our website, facilitating the use of the website and ensuring its IT security.
Data retention period: We process your data for a period corresponding to the life cycle of cookies stored on your devices.
3. Who do we transfer your data to:
We provide your data to service providers that we use to run the website, i.e. services in the field of:
– hosting (private cloud computing);
– website traffic tracking and analysis;
– managing advertising campaigns and measuring their effectiveness.
Our suppliers are based in Poland and other countries of the European Economic Area (EEA), e.g. Ireland. However, some of the suppliers are based outside the EEA, i.e. in the United States. In such cases, we transfer your data on the basis of the implementing decision of the European Commission (EU) 2016/1250 of July 12, 2016 introducing the “Privacy Shield” program. The data will be transferred only to entities certified under this decision.
4. What are your rights with regard to the processing of your data?
You have the right to access your personal data, correct it, request its removal, request restriction of its processing and object to the processing of your personal data.
5. After the data is provided, can you object to its processing?
Yes. You can do this in two cases when we process your data:
– for direct marketing purposes; you do not have to justify such an objection;
– based on our other legitimate interests; such objection must be justified by your particular situation.
6. What can you do if you believe that your data is being processed unlawfully?
Contact us – we will answer your questions or answer any objections raised.
You can also file a complaint with the supervisory authority. In Poland, it is the President of the Personal Data Protection Office (www.giodo.gov.pl).
7. How do we keep your data safe?
We make every effort to ensure the security of your data. Our website uses encrypted data transmission (SSL) when transmitting the data provided by you in the forms. This ensures protection of your identifying data and makes it significantly more difficult for unauthorized persons or systems to intercept them.
8. Your data will not be used by us for automated decision making, including profiling.
ALL ABOUT COOKIES
1. What are cookies?
Cookies are text files saved by a web browser on the hard drive of your computer or other device in order to store information used to identify you or to remember the history of activities undertaken by you on the Internet, including our website.
We use various cookies – they are different in terms of their life cycle and of the Internet domain from which they come.
Due to the life cycle, cookies are divided into session cookies (deleted when the web browser is closed) and persistent (deleted after a predetermined time, regardless of closing the web browser).
Due to the internet domain from which cookies come from, we divide them into first-party cookies (set by our website servers) and third-party (set by web servers of websites other than ours).
– enable you to log in to your account on the website, use services available for logged in users and navigate smoothly on the website without the need to repeat the authentication process each time;
– facilitate and increase the comfort of using our website as well as ensure the security of the IT system;
– count the visits to our website, their length, determining which of its functions or parts were most often used or visited, which allows us to make rational decisions of how to improve our website’s performance;
– conduct marketing campaigns by sending you our marketing messages, if you have visited our website before.
Can you manage cookies?
Yes. You can specify the conditions for storing or accessing cookies using your web browser settings or service configuration.
In the menu bar of the web browser, in the “Help” section, you can find information on how to reject saving new cookies, how to delete previously saved cookies, how to request notification that a new cookie is being saved and how to block cookies.
However, you need to know that changing your browser settings by refusing to save cookies may cause difficulties or even prevent you from using our website and services.